Today was quite the busy day!! I had lots of horses to ride in the morning, and in the afternoon we went to Devonwood to get ready for the schooling show tomorrow.
Robin and Kreo started off the day with a lesson. Robin has come a long way to getting her seat softer! Kreo would love for Robin to do LOTS of work to help him go, but Robin is quickly learning how to make Kreo do the work. They had some really good canter work today with Robin's hands and shoulders very still, and her seat very soft.
After the lesson, Robin and Kreo headed to Devonwood to settle in for the Blue Ribbon show.
Duncan: This was Duncan's best day! He was perfect in the cross ties and was super under saddle! I did not get one buck or even a hump in his back.... he worked walk, trot, canter and several transitions. I was very pleased with him! Our next goals are to solidify his working without the resistance, and get better at balancing when asked to bend.
Cessna: Once again, Cessna put in a solid day of work. We cantered in both directions today with no resistance at all! He is still a bit skittish if he sees something unfamiliar, but I am very pleased with his progress.
Diva: With Sarah's help, we did quite a bit of trotting under saddle with Diva today! She was a little tense, but quite well behaved. Sarah had her on the lunge line while I sat on her. I think she will be ready to go solo in the next week or so.
Blue Ribbon Show:
We have a GREAT group at the blue ribbon show. We are all stabled in the "A" aisle down below at Devonwood. Come and see us tomorrow!! It is SO fun to have a group at the show.
Robin and Kreo got there first and Kreo was very well behaved! He must be a veteran! Kreo's task tomorrow is to listen to his mom and not make her work too hard! Robin stayed around and helped everyone else, including entertaining Kasen and Kyler while I was coaching... Thank you!
Lisa: Lisa helped haul horses, get ready for the show, and help with whatever was needed! Thanks, Lisa for all your help! Kasen and Kyler were watching DVDs in Lisa's truck tonight and I had to drag them out to bring them home! I asked: "Do you want to go home to have dinner and see Daddy?" "NO! WE ARE WATCHING MOVIES!" They begrudgingly agreed to go home with Mommy eventually! (hilarious!)
Holly/Rex and Sarah/Bella were next. Both of these pairs were super!! Holly and Rex have never been out together, and Holly has had a long sabatical from showing. Rex was super well behaved, but a bit inattentive. Holly was very good with her riding and made Rex focus on his work. I was really happy to see how well they worked this evening! They will have a great ride tomorrow.
Sarah and Bella were good as well! Bella was afraid of the geese that were walking around the grounds (pretty hilarious), but after she got over that trauma, she was super! Bella settled right into work and was as steady as I have every seen! She stretched over her back in all three gaits, and looked like a pro! It will be fun to see her shine tomorrow!
Monica/Gen were next. Monica had a quite funny brain-freeze in which she couldn't find her horse, but after that, everything was better. When Monica rode there were 12 other horses in the arena, so it was quite a circus. Gen was pretty forward, but focused on her job. I'm sure Gen will be a bit more settled tomorrow. ( and Monica will be more rested!)
Kathy/Welka: I was so happy to watch Kathy and Welka work tonight. Welka was a GEM! Kathy was able to get soft and relaxed, and the two of them were lovely! I couldn't have come up with a better pair in my dreams! How cool!
Tracie/Ali: I was so happy with Ali tonight. He was nervous but he gave me his best. Poor guy! This was a really big day for him, and he did his best! I'm really lucky to have him!
So... we'll see you all tomorrow at the show, and we'll have reports! Hopefully we'll have some pics and video too!
Tracie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment