Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Re-learning and Jeremy

Today I had one of those "break-through" rides that are really inspiring. I was riding Eternity today, and I suddenly realized I was using my core too strongly throughout the whole ride. On horses that want to run through the bridle, you correct this by creating a "wall" with your seat, core, and hand. However, once the horse gives, you need to SOFTEN the wall. I realized with Eternity that I was holding the "wall" almost constantly! So, once I lifted my ribcage and softened my core and arms, I was able to get much better gaits. Such simple things we have to re-learn over and over again! It's amazing how complicated this sport is!

We are really fortunate to have a couple of extra rides with Jeremy this weekend! Lisa, Monica and Kathy are all going to ride. I'll have a schedule posted sometime tomorrow once Chris gets back to me on ride times.

No comments:

Post a Comment